I decided to start a blog. One of my friends asked me, "what are you going to write about?" He passed on a blog from an incredibly smart and talented writer friend, explaining how a blog should have a point to be really good....well, I don't have one. Not specifically, anyway. I like to write down my thoughts and I like to keep in touch with people. I thought a blog would be fun. I'm sure I'll spell words incorrectly, use poor grammar, and not explain myself well. One of my high school English teachers told me that I was a B+ writer. I don't know if anyone will care about what I have to write, but here goes....
April 5th. Today is the birthday of two very dear friends of mine. They don't know each other, but each is the kind of friend who truly enriches my life and teaches me about unconditional friendship. One lives in the same city I do, and we seem to live parallel lives. We have repeatedly experienced the same major life events at the same time. Its gotten to the point where now we just laugh when we share what's going on, because inevitably, the other one says, "me, too!!!" Though very weird, its been an incredible blessing to have someone who knows exactly how you feel, it good times and in bad. You know you aren't alone in the big city!
My other friend lives halfway across the world. She has known me for so long, that sometimes she knows how I feel before I know myself. No matter how much times passes before we see each other again, we just pick back up where we left off. She has continuously lived a life of world traveling adventure, one that I know is often out of my comfort zone. I admire her for her bravery. I love how we can be completely honest with each other, show all sorts of flaws, and our friendship has never wavered.
Both of these women are amazingly talented in what they do. It absolutely blows my mind because I could never accomplish the things they have accomplished. Each of them have both challenged me and encouraged me in my faith over and over again. Happy Birthday, my dear sisters. I love you!
P. S. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! GO KU!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congratulations. I love you! I hope you enjoy your blog.
Hooray for your new blog! Glad you are doing this, helps me keep up with you. Sending my love-
Post a Comment