Monday, April 7, 2008

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK

What a sweet thing to see my hometown team win the national championship tonight!!!! My family has always been a KU family, as my Dad went to Med School at the University of Kansas. However, at my own home, we were a house divided tonight. My sweet husband's hometown team, the University of Memphis, was also playing for the national title. I feel like I shouldn't outwardly celebrate, but inside I am so excited for my Jayhawks!!!! What an amazing game! Congrats, KU! ROCK CHALK!!!!!

1 comment:

Michael said...

Glad your team won, Carrie, and that you enjoyed watching the game. I was a bit doubtful, I must admit, as they were 7 or 8 points down with only 2 minutes left, but they pulled it out, and I'm glad of it (not half as glad as my KU-alum sister!).

Great blog. Like the colors scheme and sunflowers. Makes me miss Kansas, just like my favorite prairie photo, Crow Call Down by the River. I like the thoughtfulness and the topic: your life. I went back and reread the blog post mentioned in your first post and it said that a blog about eating at Applebee's everyday wouldn't be worth reading (paraphrase). Your life sounds more interesting, thankfully, hence your blog will be (is already) too!